By: Cathryn Gagnon
This month the Dining Divas discovered KOMA (Kitchen of Michael Anthony) Restaurant – at 3090 Dougall Avenue, in Windsor. It’s nestled behind Taco Bell.
Upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised at how beautifully decorated the restaurant is. Luxurious red, accompanied by black accents with lovely furniture and great little bar. The place is small – perhaps twelve tables, but it’s the perfect size for Chef Michael Anthony to shine.
The menu presentation isn’t fancy, a printed sheet of paper – but the appetizers and entrees certainly are.
Once all Divas arrived, we chatted among ourselves and reviewed the deliciously described menu choices – most of us kept changing our minds on what to order as each tantalizing item was discussed.
After much discussion and input from our server, about the menu items, we finally decided.
Our starters in included:
- Tempura Vegetables smothered in roasted carrot puree with soy honey dressing
- Rice Balls laid over pulled pork tenderloin with san marzano tomato and guincale
- Braised Lamb atop seared bacon corn bread, caramelized onion and blue cheese
- Panko encrusted Calamari with dill soy honey ginger dressing and red curry cream.
For our dinners we enjoyed:
- Stuffed Chicken, Panko encrusted, roasted bacon, truffle spiced ricotta, sun-dried tomato
- Beef Tenderloin with soy stained shiitake, Gorgonzola gnocchi, caramelized onions with balsamic vinegar beef ‘jus.’
The portions are large enough that some of the Divas, ordered two starters as their entrée choice.
We were all very satisfied with full tummies – two Divas managed to squeeze in the Crème Brule. It was crunchy on the outside with creamy custard underneath, topped with brandy infused berries. We watched in awe as the ladies swirled the creamy goodness across their taste buds, refusing to share.
At the end of our evening our server offered complimentary Limoncello.
The Divas rate KOMA Restaurant a 9 our of 10. If you have not already had the pleasure, add this restaurant to your list of Windsor’s finest.